Monday, January 11, 2010

Happy to be home

Well I know that I said I would post as we still continue this journey, but I have been crazy!!! Oleg, Ryan and I are getting use to being a family. 3 weeks home and I feel that we are doing pretty well. I have to remind myself that we have only been home for 3 weeks and he is doing really well for the short time we have been home.  He is a completely different boy then he was, and it is so exciting to see him blossom. It is funny I never thought that I would have a picky eater, I just assumed that he would eat anything I gave him but he is really picky so we are trying our best to fatten him up. we did take him to McDonalds the other day, he was digging on the fries, but not the sprite or chicken nuggets. He was so funny he hated the sprite, spit it right out. Christmas was interesting he really didn't care about his presents so we had a few unwrapped under the tree, but he did get them all opened. On a sad note Ryan's grandpa past the day after we got home, he was the first to meet Oleg and was so excited to have a great grandson. It has been bitter sweet being home but missing grandpa!!  A great life ends and a new one begins. We have an appointment for Friday to get him in school he has been a bit antsy and ready to play so we thought a few days a week would be good for him. He has been to the doctor and all is well however, we do not have a record of his shots so we have to start over again, poor little guy, but he sure is tough! well goodbye for now I will write more later!! I love you all!! and so does Oleg. Here is a ton of pictures of the past three weeks....

5 comments:

Kari said...

We found a spoonful of sour cream made everything taste better when we brought our kids home. Eventually they developed more of a taste for American food without needing sour cream on everything, but it sure helped in the beginning. We redid all of our kids' shots also. Will you send me your email address and I can put you in my blast email group of Colorado families that have adopted from Ukraine? We hope to meet you in person some day. We live in Longmont. kariv90@comcast.net

Anonymous said...

congrats! Amy and Matt Opperman

Anonymous said...

Tabitha,

It's so good to hear that Oleg is doing well. I'll bet he will really like going to school. We redid Adam's shots, too. We had court for Anastasiya and are now waiting out our ten days from home. We were remembering Oleg with her before court, and we all got another chuckle over Babiba! Is his English coming along? We plan to get together with you guys and the DeHaans when we all finally get home and get done.

Debbi K - Janelle's Mom said...

Hi Ryan and Tabitha, This is Debbi, Janelle DeHaan's mom...I just checked out your blog, it had been awhile...so glad to hear things are going well for you! I was glad to go see Janelle and Casey for a long wkend while they were home for a bit. I was also glad to hear that you were able to see them too, before they headed back to Ukraine. We're staying positive and we keep praying for their process. Friday is their big day!
Well, God's continued blessings on all of you...Take Care of each other!
Sincerely, Debbi

Anonymous said...

I see that you are not indifferent to the theme of orphans. We help orphans from the orphanage in the town of Shpola. Just visiting our web site Hope Now Ukraine will help us very much.