Sunday, November 8, 2009

Finally time to Breath



here we are in the Frankfurt Airport not the best time ever. they are in the middle of construction so it took us 2 hours to find the USO no complaints we at least got to rest a bit.

So now we are all set at least we hope, we went on an adventure to find groceries and an adaptor for the 220 outlet. not as easy as we thought but an adventure. I hate that there is such a langues difference I wish I could comunicate better!!! we ate borscht for dinner pretty good seeing as we were not sure what we were ordring but isn't that half the fun? we are in Kiev right across the street from independence square, there is a really nice underground mall here and they have the cutest boots in the world I might just have to buy a pair before we leave.

here is the view from our balcony, I would have taken it during the day but we slept for 13 hours when we got here, we slept the whole day ;) oh well we were really tired, and soon we will be getting less sleep with a new bugger on the way!! to be honest it is really nice here you can tell that there is tons of history. I think the thing we are struggling with the most is that we really miss home and miss our family.  right before we went to sleep Ryan said "I want to go home" you could tell in his voice that this was hard and it is we have such a huge support system and not having it near us is really hard. I want so bad to see my mommy!! but we are strong soon it will be better when meet our Bear on Monday at 9. please keeps us in your thoughts and prayers we need it. we love you all sooooooo very much and really can't wait to come home. I'll write more tomorrow.

 

5 comments:

Dad and Patti said...

Glad you guys got some rest. What an exciting day tomorrow will be !!! We are glad we got on this blog thing so we can keep updated on everything. Your dad is at the airport right now getting ready to fly to North Carolina for 2 weeks. He checks the blog on his phone like every 30 minutes and called me a few minutes ago to have me read it to him because one of the pictures was covering up the words. He is tooooo funny.
You guys are both strong people and have each other to get through the next few weeks. In a few days you will have that lil bugger bear to help get you through too. You are always in our thoughts and prayers. We miss you guys and can't wait for the next update. Stay strong !!! Love you guys

Dad and Patti said...

I could see you guys and hear you - but we didn't get a microphone yet. I'll go out in a little bit and see if I can find one. I couldn't figure out where to type anything at. Sorry. But it was good seeing you. Take care.

Melody said...

Waaahooooo! So excited for you guys. What an adventure! And it is getting soooo close! Can't believe you will be meeting your little guy tomorrow. Wowzers! We'll be excited to welcome you all home, but enjoy this time if you can. What a cool experience to go overseas to meet your new son and to know that next time you get on that plane, he'll be with you and you'll all be together for good. Sooner than your realize, the voyage will all be just a memory. Hang in there. Sending you love from our neck of the woods. ~Melody & Trent & Camden

Mom B said...

I am so glad that when I got home there was your update! I can't believe that I figured this out! You are sleeping (I hope) but even then you are loved and supported. It must seem surreal to have flown halfway across the world to met your son. The time is close! Together you are strong! I and lots of others are praying for you!
The place you are staying looks nice. Keep having those adventures and making special memories! I love you, Mom B

Laura Mac said...

We just got home from visiting Sam at your house, and all is well over there. The dogs are good, but like us, they miss you like crazy! Lawton says it is like 6:30-ish your time, which means you will be seeing your little man in under 3 hours...can you beleive it?!? We are glad to hear your travels were safe and that you are settled in. We will be praying for, and thinking of you often. Stay strong and know we love you!
laura and lawton