Monday, November 9, 2009

What a day

Today we met out son... how amazing is it to say that we met the little man that will be blessing us in years to come. it might have only been a picture but we still got to see him put a face to our sweet Bear!! We woke up this morning at 3 AM we where just excited, nervous, anxious, well every feeling one could have we had it. our appointment was at 9AM so needless to say we really didn't get much sleep. We spent the next 4 hour or at least I did thinking and thinking. At 8:30 Valentin arrived to take us to the SDA (I think it is safe to say I love him he is amazing he just brings this sense of comfort) we waited for sometime outside before we waited inside and today it was cold, but no big deal. the SDA is nothing like I imagined but it was perfect the walls were blue and the building was quite old. Valentin went with us into the psychologist office, she was beautiful and kind she asked us a few things about our family and wanted to know why we wanted to adopt special needs, this is very rare most adoptive parent want healthy kids, but what is hard for me is how we as american define healthy, anyway, after a short talk she got right to it and said that this young boy she had been trying very hard to find a family for him. His birthday is December 14 (the day we come home, thought that was funny, Happy Birthday welcome home) he is sooooo cute he will be 2 or 3 we can't remember there was so much happening at once, he has a missing left arm below the elbow and is crossed eyed but he is healthy. they called the orphanage and he is very active participate in all the activities, he is not talking much but is a very happy boy. Our minds were made up at this point but we decided to see a few more all boys the other one we fell in love with was a sweet little boy that had TB and because of that he had holes in his brain and he had heart problems. This was by far the hardest decision that we have ever made, my heart was breaking and I was crying Valentin was so supportive and the Psychologist said that our minds were made up the moment we saw the first boy but I was feeling so bad, you know I want to take them all. Valentin told us there are so many orphans we can not take them all but we can change this little boys life. so we picked the little boy with the missing arm, his name is Ogey he had those cut deep set eyes and a fat little face. I feel happy but at the same time the other little boy with the TB will forever be in my heart and in my prayers. it is a strange mixture of emotions we are excited to finally put a face to our sweet Bear but I am so sad that we had to say no to the other boy. We feel very confident in our decision and are very excited to meet him he is in the East so as soon as we get the ok and the quarantine has lifted we will be traveling to go meet Ogey or Bear as we all know him by :) so now we wait. We were able to get some groceries and we got a cell phone so we can communicate with Valentin we are starting to feel more comfortable here we still miss home but we feel better a new sense of renewal we are ready to meet Bear in person. please pray that the quarantine is lifted soon and we see our Ogey. love you all!!!!!

8 comments:

Mom B said...

What an amazing day for you! Finally! I'm crying. Congratulations Mom and Dad! It must be incredibly hard to say yes to one and no to the other. You are a special couple and your love for Ogey - Bear will make him florish. Has he been in the orphanage all his life? I can't wait to see a picture! I pray that the time will go quickly for you. Do you know any news on the quarratine? Stay strong, your boy is waiting and he needs you. I miss you, Love Mom B

Adam and Kristin Martin said...

I'm so stinking happy for you guys!!!

Melody said...

Checking your blog was the first thing I did when I got online this morning, because I was so excited about the next update.

Awesome! Congratulations! Can't wait to welcome little Ogey to the neighborhood. Sounds like he will be very close to Camden's age (Cam will be 3 on Nov. 17). I hope he will be able to learn lessons from your little man and from your unconditional love of him, and I'm so excited for that!

Can't wait for more details and pictures! Thanks again for blogging so that we can all feel like a part of the process.

LAW said...

That's awesome! We're all so happy for ya'll and can't wait to meet the little guy! Enjoy the rest of your time in the Ukraine and know that the THREE of you remain in our thoughts and prayers!

Laura and Jon said...

Wow!! That is so awesome!! I can not believe I am an aunt. lol. Mom called me at 7 am this morning to tell me, what a dork. lol. His bday is one day before mine. How cool.
Congrats, can not wait to see a pic of him.
Love ya.

Laura Mac said...

Horray! How incredibly awesome that you finally saw his little face! Oh I can not wait to squeeze him...and ya'll. I am praying for the ban to be lifted quickly so ya'll can get home and share the happiness of having a child with all of us. We love you!
Aunt Lo

Dad and Patti said...

CONGRATULATIONS ! ! !

Your dad wanted me to let you know that he is so happy for both of you and he can't wait to see pictures of the little guy. Little Ogey is the luckiest guy there. He is going to have two special people for parents and will receive the love he has never had before. We are praying for the quarantine to be lifted soon so you can go see him in person. Relax now, get plenty of rest and stay strong. We miss you and we love you.

Mom B said...

Good morning! I hope that you slept well. Get as much rest as you can now before you have to travel again to meet little Ogey! The quarratine will be lifted soon! God is good!
You are strong! Can't wait for the next update. Love you, Honey B