Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Ready set go


this is for all the grandparents...... get shopping!!! woohoo we met the greatest thing to have ever happened to us today in a matter of hours off the train we saw the most amazing little man! Oleg Edwin Betz how amazing is that!!!! our little man holy cow OUR LITTLE MAN. We stared the day off by meeting Edward our translator in Donest'k and headed to the regional directors office to get a letter and then to the orphanage. We were greeted by a women telling us to make sure we wear our masks.... we reported to the directors office to meet him, then to another room were we met the lawyer and doctor and with in a matter of minuets in walks our little Bear wearing a pink jump suit soo cute he was shy and he had a car with him already so needless to say our small car was not interesting to him:) he warmed up pretty fast!! he was scared of the masks and at one point walked up to Ryan and gave him that look of what?? but Ryan pulled down his mask and gave him the biggest smile, Oleg gave him one right back that was the first smile I saw from him. after he left we were allowed to go see his classroom were his class mates were eating as soon as we walked into the room he yelled out mama!! really really I'm a mommy. We were told that we could come back and see him at 4, and we promised him we would bring him even a bigger car and candy. In short the rest I really don't care about cause our lives just changed for the better that all else after this does not matter :), but I am certain that you all would love to hear.  I have to admit that Ryan and I are the luckiest human beings in the world, not only did we get to share the train with a family (the Dehaans) that has been going through this process with us but we are able to share an apartment with them it is great to have each other. we are so excited to share this experience with them it is comforting to have each other, the Dehaans will be visiting their children tomorrow and we are so excited for them!!!




So we headed to the notary before we headed to the orphanage and Edward told us we needed to give his name there so we had 15 in to figure out his name. real quick we were wrong his name is Oleg just like it is spelled O leg and we choose Edwin after my Grandfather! in 15 min guess that is the best way to do it;) so after we figured out the paperwork we headed back to see his little face, this time he was soooo excited to see us mainly cause we had a huge car for him to play with.  He was just finishing eating and so he was not fully dressed, they put some overall on him and he was our for an hour only an hour but it was the best hour of our lives. we played and played he loves to laugh and really he is speaking really well and is sharp as a tack. it is not like he is missing an arm at all he does just fine without it, he called us mama and papa he was so excited but really I think we were more excited. ok here you go what you all have waited for pictures!!!!!!


we did get video and as soon as we get it figured out you will have video!! after the hour of playing he had to go back and he cried he didn't want to leave us and of course I balled and balled I made sure Edward explained to Oleg (FYI his nick name is olishka) that we would be back tomorrow, no worries mama and papa will be back!! WOW two years of labor and we are finally here we are the luckiest people in the world to be blessed with Oleg what did we do to deserves such an amazing little boy!! sorry I would say he is a true 3T so you can get shopping, we love you all thank you for the support!! you will see more pictures tomorrow.

8 comments:

Kendra Johnson said...

Hi,
I found your blog through Janelle and Casey's. I have known Janelle for a long time and have been glued to their blog, and now I am glued to yours. Congratulations! I am so happy for the two of you!

Kendra Johnson

michaelam said...

AHHHHHHHHHH TAVITHA HE ISS SUUPPPEERRR CUTEE!!!!! sorry... anyway please tell him i said hi and cccaannttt wait 2 meet him!!
-michaela

Dad and Patti said...

CONGRATULATIONS MOM AND DAD !!!!
OMG - He is the cutest little guy !!!!! We can't wait to see him in person. Now we have one more thing to thankful for on Thanksgiving - our little grandson Oleg. What an amazing day you two have had. We are soooo happy for you both. Go out and celebrate !! It's also great that you get to share your apartment with the Dehaans, so you both can share your experiences with each other. It makes it more fun to share with someone right there and not long distance. We wish them the best of luck tomorrow visiting their children !!

We are so proud of you - God gave Oleg the best parents. Today is the first day of his new life. He is going to be so happy. We love you and can't wait for you to be home with your Little Man. Target - here we come !!!!

Laura and Jon said...

AWWW!!! You guys look so good!!! He is such a cutie. I am so happy for you guys, I almost cried when I saw the picture of Ryan and Oleg. Mom and dad both were calling me all day while I was at work telling me to check the blog, such dorks...lol. I can not wait to see him in person, I bet he is way cutier.
I love you both!!!
Laura

Laura Mac said...

Oh my dear friends, he is so much more than I could have ever imagined!!! You too are so blessed to have found such a precious beautiful boy...I can not wiat to love on him! Tell him his Aunt Lo and Uncle Lawton love him, and give him big hugs and kisses for us. We love you SO SO SO much!
laura and lawton

Mom B said...

WOW!! WOW!! The day finally arrived to meet your son. He is precious! Sorry I couldn't blog last night, kept getting a message error! He is as handsome as his dad and as beautiful as his mom!
I am so excited for you and for us!
I know that Oleg will get lots of hugs and kisses from you so give him some from all his grandparents!
Enjoy your first days and moments together. Alot of prayers have been answered. I love you Mom, Dad and Oleg! Honey B

Adam and Kristin Martin said...

I'm so happy for you guys! I'm like crying reading your blog... I'm such a fool :) I love you guys!

Melody said...

It took me forever to get all the way through this post, because I kept crying and couldn't see! He is sooooo cute. What a handsome little man! Congratulations, guys. We can't wait to welcome you home.